RMA Policy of STARDOM
Ⅰ• Definition of DOA & RMA：
1. DOA (Defect on Arrival)：
● Defective product received by the customer after one month of the shipping date from Stardom.
● All products that have gone through maintenance are not covered under the DOA policy.
2. RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization)：
● Defective product received by the customer within one month of shipping date from Stardom.
3. Stardom warrantee policy is not applicable to products that are modified in any form by unauthorized personnel, misuse or abuse, or inappropriate handling and installation. Protech will not be held responsible for the above actions.
Ⅱ• Regular Warranty
1. All Stardom manufactured products shall have a “Regular Warranty” of 2 years from the date of the shipment.
2. Products and accessories not manufactured by Stardom are under warrantee of their original manufacturer. The following table is the warrantee matrix of non-Stardom products.
3. Customer shall ship defective products freight prepaid to Stardom. Stardom shall ship repaired or replacement products freight prepaid to the customer. If the customer has a pending delivery, the repaired/replacement products shall be shipped together with the customers other order. Otherwise, it will be shipped separately.
4. Stardom shall repair the defective products within 15 working days of receiving them. Replacement, if required, shall be with new, comparable or reconditioned products.
** For non-Stardom manufactured products, return to original manufacturer for maintenance will generally take 3 to 4 weeks of processing.
** STARDOM expect partners ship back the defective parts only instead of completely storage, unless the damaged relative with whole mechanism**
Stardom reserves the right for problem determination to inspect the products returned from customers. Stardom shall return defective products that could not be repaired without any charges except the shipping costs. This warranty does not cover product problem related to the following:
1. Products damaged during shipping because of insufficient or improper packaging.
2. Damage caused by acts of God (such as fire, flood, etc).
3. Damage caused by normal wear of parts, surface rust of deterioration, improper use, improper storage, negligent use by improper voltage or current, use of unauthorized accessories or modules. Use against the operating instructions, or lack of regular maintenance.
4. Product repaired, disintegrated, or altered by unauthorized technical personnel.
5. Damage caused by computer virus.
Ⅲ• DOA and RMA Return Procedure
1. DOA Process：
● Download the DOA request form from Sales department or your contact person by email or FAX, and fill in the detailed information for the faulty product. Return if included accessories along with the product to Stardom and please list them on the form.
● After the customer receives the DOA number, the faulty product must be sent to Stardom within 7 days, and the DOA number must be legible on the box. Stardom will pay for the shipping and handling fees.
● Once the product has been received, Stardom will check whether the returned product is identical to the one listed on the DOA request form. Stardom will complete the product maintenance or replacement with the fees covered within 7 days. If Stardom finds that the returned product is not defective, then Stardom will submit an invoice to the customer to collect the shipping and inspection fees.
2. RMA Process
● All defective goods have to be sent back with RMA form and RMA No. The Customer requests the RMA No. from Sales department or your contact person by email or FAX, otherwise the RMA procedure will not be proceeded once receiving the return shipment without RMA number + RMA form.
● After the customer receives the RMA form please fill in the detailed information for the faulty product. Return if included accessories along with the products to Stardom and please also list them on the form.
The faulty product must be sent to Stardom within 7 days, and the RMA number must be legible on the box. The Customer will pay for the shipping and handling fees.
● If Stardom discovers that the product covered under warrantee is damaged from misuse, abuse, accidents, or inappropriate handling and installation, Stardom will not be responsible for any of the product warrantees. If the customer requires the product be maintained, Stardom will be required to collect a fee for the maintenance. If the customer does not wish the products to be maintained, Stardom will collect an inspection fee for the product.
● The normal RMA working day is within 15 days, however, once the defective products inspected need to return back to original manufacture and will further inform by separately email or fax for the date of delivery. The repaired report will contain into the return shipment back to customers.
● We strongly suggest to first investigating the possible cause of system defects with the help of Stardom technical supporting personnel. Please contact Stardom’s technical support (email@example.com) or sales department for help with the initial analysis of possible causes and solutions before proceeding with the product
Ⅳ• RMA flow process (expired warranty)
Ⅴ• RMA Form
Please request RMA form from sales.